Indiana luxury home owner loses bid to buy luxury nursing home

By MELISSA BLOCK, APTN National title Former luxury nursing homes owner loses $500 million bid to purchase luxury home article A former luxury nursing care home owner has lost a bid to seize control of a nursing home in Indiana after he was found to have made misleading statements in an ethics complaint.

The lawsuit was filed Friday by the Indiana attorney general’s office.

The owner, Donald D. DeBartolo Jr., has owned and operated a nursing facility in Marion, Indiana, for more than a decade.

He said he was “pleased” that the Indiana Attorney General’s office had taken the investigation seriously and that the complaint was filed.

DeBartollo said he will have no comment on the complaint, which was filed Thursday and was signed by the attorney general.

He declined to comment further.

The nursing home has been in operation since 1999 and is in the process of being purchased by a private company.

The lawsuit says the nursing home owner and the company agreed to pay the state $5 million to settle the case.

DeBartholo, who has no family in Indiana, said he didn’t know how much he was owed when the company bought the facility.

He called the settlement an “unnecessary and unconscionable” step.

The Indianapolis Star reported last week that DeBartson had agreed to buy the nursing facility.

The newspaper reported that DeBarthos’ attorney said the nursing center was a “victim of Mr. DeBarstos’ own actions.”

The nursing facility was the subject of a similar ethics complaint filed in 2016.

It was the third nursing home to be sold by DeBastos and the second to be purchased by another private company, according to the Star.

DeBanos and his son bought the nursing homes from the city of Marion.

The former owners, who also own the Marion-area home complex, were found to be in breach of state ethics rules in 2016 when the ethics board determined the city had engaged in “false and fraudulent activities” related to the purchase of the nursing facilities.

The ethics board ruled the city did not have sufficient documentation to support the sale and that DeBanos had not provided sufficient financial information to the city.

Related Post